Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cold Batteries

  1. #1
    Brian Maier
    Guest Brian Maier's Avatar

    Post

    Yesterday I went snowboarding with a few of my friends and I took along my Canon 814xls to get some film of them doing some jumps and rails in a snow park. So when I got there I replaced the batteries that i had been using with new ones. I was only able to get 1 1/2 rolls shot before they registered as dead on my battery meter. I had heard that the cold effets battery life but this supprised me a bit. So are there any safe gaurds for preventing this happening again or at least not as bad? I had thought about trying to make a external battery pack for my camera that was rechargable. Maybe if i kept that in my pocket it would stay warmer and last longer. On the way home in the car after i warmed the batteries up they registered as full charge on the meter.

    Any Ideas or comments?



    ------------------
    Http://www.RedFuisonFilms.com

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    You can keep your batteries in your inside pocket. Only loading them into the camera when you are going to shoot. The batteries you pulled out after 1&1/2 rolls aren't truly dead. If you warm them they should work inside fine. Aaton has some good coldweather tips online. Good Luck

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Jean Poirier
    Guest Jean Poirier's Avatar

    Lightbulb

    You are right. You will have to build a portable battery pack to keep the batteries warm inside your coat. I don't know any other practical solutions.
    Good luck



    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •